Up-dated 20 October 2017 What’s New? (you may well ask!)
The Unwelcome Pause – does this happen to you?
What MYTHS do you still believe in? Check this.
Poem Number 300 posted 6th Oct 2017. Time for a celebration!
Fallen Leaves – a forlorn look at Autumn
Can it be True? Let’s hope it’s not [what does this mean?]
The Party Conferences – what are they for?
Have you had your ‘flu jab yet? Get ready to grin and bear it!
NEW PAGE to celebrate 1,400 visitors and 8,500 visits on 25 Sept 2017. What makes a poem a poem?
Tasty Autumn Fruits – apples from our garden
Love/Hate the NEWS – read Unfettered Catastrophizing
Plus ca change, Plus c’est la Meme Chose – continuity and change
Hic et Nunc – the here and now – learn to live in it
Right now we are on the Brink. And it is not comfortable
Have you ever wondered -what does that mean? WDTM? check it out.
On the day the new Queensferry Crossing opens to traffic – Traffic Jams
Action and reflection. Are you a doer or a thinker?
Do you enjoy the Humble potato? – try this
On a warm July day – Golden Glow
The anarchic Grace of Christ – what does that mean?
This is the Glasgow Fair Weekend
The Cicada – that irritating little clicker!
Do you use a shoe-horn?
Back from a holiday – feeling like a Peevish Old Man?
Continental Train Journeys – here is my story
What is your personality type – are you like Teflon or Velcro?
Objets d’art – are they valuable or are they just junk? see my comments
School Holidays begin tomorrow – take cover!
Wake Up and Smell the coffee – get on with it!!
June 21st Summer Solstice – here are my thoughts
What have I to say about the QUEEN’S SPEECH to Parliament?
Calling all Fathers – this is your day – Enjoy it!
What are your Momentary Thoughts?
DRENCHED – that’s pour Scottish Weather!
Time Uninterrupted – but not for the London Bridge victims
Monday 29th May – believe it or not this is NATIONAL PAPER CLIP DAY
Friday 26 May – looks like being a scorcher. No doubt we will have to sweat it out!
The typo – the scourge of all writers
What about the hackers? Cyber Safe
WHITE VAN MAN – do love or hate him? What I have to say about him/her
EVENTS – bring them on. What about them?
Friday 5th May – a lovely sunny day – get out there and enjoy it
Congratulations to NASA on Cassini beginning its dance with the Rings of Saturn
If you’re about to move house – check this out
Ever wondered what ART is for? see this
If you like the Trossachs in Scotland you may like this
Who’s worried about space debris? Threats from on High
Number of VISITORS to the Bard of Kelvindale site now exceeds 1,400
Sept 2017 – Now over 8,500 visits (hits) to my website!!!
I am sure you approve of Political Correctness?
Do you admit to the Elephant in the Room?
What about the Workers?
WHAT’S NEW – some pointers and comments to recent postings (click on links underlined to read the poem)
Are you scared of visiting your Doctor? So am I – see this
What about FAKE NEWS? Let’s deplore it.
Do you ever think about your signature when you sign on the line? See my reflections
The Swiss Army Knife – Don’t you all love them. See my poem
Think again about our neighbour The Moon
If you are a hill walker or even a geologist have a look at my poem – the Earth on Which we Tread
Look out, the snow has arrived – I hope only briefly – Welcome but Feared
Don’t we all enjoy the comfort of the Electric Blanket?
2016 A successful year on WordPress –
the bardofkelvindale site has increased its number of Visitors from 260 to 859
and the number of ‘hits’ from 3,353 to 6,578 a total increase of 3,225
See my Poem about the temporary movement of Hillhead Baptist Church Glasgow to the Hilton/Grosvenor Hotel on the first Sunday of Advent (27 Nov 2016) Advent-ure
These sum up my thoughts on the subject!
Are you a Volunteer? Or have you better things to Do? See my new poem : the Volunteer
- CATEGORIES : This item in the sidebar shows the various categories/genres into which I have placed the poems which have been posted. This a quicker way to access a poem on a subject that may interest you. The Categories (at present) are Architecture, Art and Music; Events; Geography & Environment; Humour; Ideas; Industry, Banking & Capitalism; Nature & Seasons; Philosophy, Politics & Religion; Living our Lives; Poetry [itself]; Science & Technology; The Outdoor Life; Uncategorised.
- Recent Posts: This sidebar item shows the most recent ‘posts’ of Poems put on the website – with the most recent coming first
- See my Posts on Regime Change and the Referendum and also mon a recent holiday to Torquay – The English Riviera and also in North Wales and then the Isle of Arran
- A repeat of my poem (published twice before when terrorist activity has created mayhem in European cities) – When the Light Darkens – Yet Again – relating to the runaway vehicle on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice, France on 14 July 20-16 (Bastille Day)
- A Poem on Personality Types. Have a browse of the poem Personality recently posted. It takes a brief look at personality typing and what some of the pioneers such as Jung and Myers-Briggs had to say about the ways in which personality might be categorise
- ARCHIVE OF ALL POEMS : you can also access the poems according to the month when they were published on my website by looking at the front page and selecting any particular month in the side bar
- You can now find me at thebardofkelvindale.com and on TWITTER @Fisher8k
Website ‘Performance’ – this is on the front page and is a daily up-date the Number of Visits and the Number of ‘Hits’. It seems to have made steady progress since September 2015. The number of visitors is now 1,475
and the ‘hits’/visits is 8,699 see Front Page
- Pictures: I have tried to include a picture with each poem posted [but not always – as they are not always appropriate – or I don’t have a useful photo!]
- Following a holiday in North Wales – see my poem : North Wales – A Holiday Treasure
- My wife and I have just returned from a wonderful Railway Journey holiday in Austria. We travelled from Glasgow to London then on to Brussels and Cologne. Onwards from there to Munich (via Siegburg/Bonn, Frankfurt, Mannheim, and Stuttgart) to Vienna. Then returned via Salzburg to Munich and Cologne thence to Brussels and London then home!Salzburg from the Hohensalzburg FortressThe Kiss – painted by Gustav KlimtSee my Poem on Austrian Delights
- Pages: this sidebar item shows a list of static pages I have put on the website. The first one, ABOUT ME, gives some biogra[hical detail about me – Ken Fisher – the self-styled “Bard of Kelvindale”. Other pages list other information relating to the web site.
- Also in the side bar is a montage of the names of categories – the larger the font size the more poems published in that category/genre.
- West End Christian Walking Club – 30 years Anniversary on 13th February 2016. I have a new poem to recognise this see :https://thebardofkelvindale.com/2016/01/30/a-pearl-of-great-price-30-years-of-wecwc/ and also a recent walk by the shores of the River Forth see this poem:https://thebardofkelvindale.com/2016/05/15/spanning-the-forth/See also the separate page on Celebration of 30 years of West End Christian Walking Club
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES : See suggested links to other sites on my Front Page – thebardofkelvindale.com
A few more local pictures – Kelvindale and Cityscape:
View from Ruchill Park towards the West End
Cityscape from Ruchill Park
View of Kelvindale