Up-dated 19 June 2019 What’s New? (you may well ask!)
Posts on the Site : 466 All-time Visitors 2,735 Total Number of visits 12,596
Can you have proximity and still lack community? see proximity without community
Election Fuddle – confusion on Euro election Day 23 May 2019
Public Intellectual – these are the deep thinkers that might show us the way
Don’t give up – Keep on Keeping On
Perhaps it’s time for a New Version of Yourself
Do you run your own life or does someone else? see So Much Depends
What about the Cumbernauld Clock?
Celebrating Barbie’s 60th Birthday – Happy 60th Birthday Barbie
Watch out for the unexpected: Anything can happen and probably will?
For Burns Night (25 Jan) Poetry on a Plate
An odd little poem – How do you Do?
Removal Upheaval – we are moving soon
At the start of the New Year check out Time’s Progression
As the snow falls today I wonder what you think of the Snowflake Generation?
5 Dec – International Volunteer Day – where are they?
Why is poetry a Holiday from Reality?
Black Friday 2018 – here we go again!
Something gone missing? No Sign of it there
Blow Your Own Trumpet – why not?
Hunker Down! in the midst of trouble.
Sharp Objects – watch out for them
What about the controversy on Mansize Tissues? see Manhood
What is your mood today? see this
What do we mean by The Meaning of Meaning – see this
On the 10th Anniversary of start of 2008 Credit Crunch read this: Would you credit it, Yet again!
Utility : is it the measure of all things?
Silence! Is it golden?
Do you suffer from On-line Angst?
Exam Results today? Good Luck
Time & Change – neither can be avoided
Waistcoat Wednesday 11 July 2018
400th Poem posted on my site. Subject INSPIRATION – a much needed commodity!
One the beach, check out the Great British Beach Hut
Summer Time Escape – do you prefer Home or Away?
Have we turned into the Bubble Wrap Society?
June 21st 2018 – Summer Solstice today!
Congratulations to BN Associates – Friendly Bean Counters!
Does Travel Broaden the Mind? see this
How do you feel about forgiveness – is strength or weakness?
Ten Thousand hits on my poetry blog. See this
25th May 2018 the day of reckoning on GDPR
Enjoy the Sunshine – see Sunshine’s Kiss – Summer 2018
Do you take UMBRAGE far too often? Try to change your diet. See this
Do you ever feel like Hiding Under the Duvet
Do you ever bear a grudge?
At Last the Sun – where has it been this year?
Do you love the peace when you shut the car door – see Comforting Capsule
The Pope has downgraded Hell – see this
Poetry & Poetics – quite a mouthful – check this out
Ask Me No More –What?
March 16th – World Sleep Day – here is my Sleep Sonnet
Do you fear Artificial Intelligence (AI) – it’s all down to Algorithms
What about the snowfall today – 28 Feb 2018. Love it or hate it?
Seed time – test it is that time again. Check this out
Are you thinking too much? It will do your head in
How do you feel? Tired & Emotional?
Do you have regrets? I do, check out Rewind
The Camera Never Lies? Who says so? Photoshop Identity
How’s your Attitude?
Jan 31 2018 – a Blue Moon tonight
Do you find it difficult to WAIT? Try this
National Handwriting Day 23 Jan 18 – Get out your pen
Have you heard of this one? Buy NONE, Get One Free
How often have you heard? – there are those who say. Do we need to listen?
Does a poem have to be opaque to be valued? I say no!
Do you love Irn Bru? It is changing A comment from AG Barr- producers of IRN BRU :
Consumer Care9 Jan 2017
In this winter weather I bet you enjoy the Hot Water Bottle!
How did you cope with recent snow falls? Consider Winter transformation
Small But Beautifully Formed – check this out
Christmas Gifts – have you joined in?
December 21st The Winter Solstice
A Christmas Carol for Party People!
As if you didn’t know – CHRISTMAS IS COMING
Have you ensured that you are a successful BRAND?
Watch out for those Terms & Conditions on any contract you may be induced ed to enter
I suppose like me, the darkness of this month dampens your spirits. Check this out.
How do you feel about old age? Don’t despair
History – One Damned Thing After Another?
Offshore Tax avoidance – does it bother you? Check this out
Fidgeting is that your problem? see this
Are cheques now dead? Almost it seems
Life Will see You Now – are you ready?
The Unwelcome Pause – does this happen to you?
What MYTHS do you still believe in? Check this.
Are you a Volunteer? Or have you better things to Do? See my new poem : the Volunteer
- CATEGORIES : This item in the sidebar shows the various categories/genres into which I have placed the poems which have been posted. This a quicker way to access a poem on a subject that may interest you. The Categories (at present) are Architecture, Art and Music; Events; Geography & Environment; Humour; Ideas; Industry, Banking & Capitalism; Nature & Seasons; Philosophy, Politics & Religion; Living our Lives; Poetry [itself]; Science & Technology; The Outdoor Life; Uncategorised.
- Recent Posts: This sidebar item shows the most recent ‘posts’ of Poems put on the website – with the most recent coming first
- See my Posts on Regime Change and the Referendum and also mon a recent holiday to Torquay – The English Riviera and also in North Wales and then the Isle of Arran
- A repeat of my poem (published twice before when terrorist activity has created mayhem in European cities) – When the Light Darkens – Yet Again – relating to the runaway vehicle on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice, France on 14 July 20-16 (Bastille Day)
- A Poem on Personality Types. Have a browse of the poem Personality recently posted. It takes a brief look at personality typing and what some of the pioneers such as Jung and Myers-Briggs had to say about the ways in which personality might be categorise
- ARCHIVE OF ALL POEMS : you can also access the poems according to the month when they were published on my website by looking at the front page and selecting any particular month in the side bar
- You can now find me at thebardofkelvindale.com and on TWITTER @Fisher8k
Website ‘Performance’ – this is on the front page and is a daily up-date the Number of Visits and the Number of ‘Hits’. It seems to have made steady progress since September 2015. The number of visitors is now 1,834 and the ‘hits’/visits is 9,772 see Front Page
- Pictures: I have tried to include a picture with each poem posted [but not always – as they are not always appropriate – or I don’t have a useful photo!]
- Following a holiday in North Wales – see my poem : North Wales – A Holiday Treasure
- My wife and I have just returned from a wonderful Railway Journey holiday in Austria. We travelled from Glasgow to London then on to Brussels and Cologne. Onwards from there to Munich (via Siegburg/Bonn, Frankfurt, Mannheim, and Stuttgart) to Vienna. Then returned via Salzburg to Munich and Cologne thence to Brussels and London then home!Salzburg from the Hohensalzburg FortressThe Kiss – painted by Gustav KlimtSee my Poem on Austrian Delights
- Pages: this sidebar item shows a list of static pages I have put on the website. The first one, ABOUT ME, gives some biogra[hical detail about me – Ken Fisher – the self-styled “Bard of Kelvindale”. Other pages list other information relating to the web site.
- Also in the side bar is a montage of the names of categories – the larger the font size the more poems published in that category/genre.
- West End Christian Walking Club – 30 years Anniversary on 13th February 2016. I have a new poem to recognise this see :https://thebardofkelvindale.com/2016/01/30/a-pearl-of-great-price-30-years-of-wecwc/ and also a recent walk by the shores of the River Forth see this poem:https://thebardofkelvindale.com/2016/05/15/spanning-the-forth/See also the separate page on Celebration of 30 years of West End Christian Walking Club
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES : See suggested links to other sites on my Front Page – thebardofkelvindale.com
A few more local pictures – Kelvindale and Cityscape:
View from Ruchill Park towards the West End
Cityscape from Ruchill Park
View of Kelvindale